Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ecologically Friendly at Last...

We received our recycling can this past week and I was so excited. I have been wanting to have one of these ever since I married Trent. (His parents had one and I never knew these things even existed!) I have to admit, I feel strongly about recycling, but not strong enough to sort everything in different bins and store it until I can load everything up in my car and drive until I find a place that will take everything. Seriously, who has time for that? (I am sure a lot of you do and are thinking I am totally lame for my excuse) Anyway, when Trent said our can was outside I got so excited. I went around the house finding garbage that should be recycled just so I could put something in my new big blue recycling container. It really is such a nice system, just throw everything in one spot, put it out on the street, and someone comes and takes it away and does all the sorting for you. Perfect! I am glad I am finally "able" to recycle and do something "ecologically friendly." Here's to RECYCLING!!!

7 comments:

hbentley said...

I love our recycling bin also. Fun that you were looking for stuff to throw in there. You are so green.

Kelli said...

Amen!! I am the same as you...I feel strongly about recycling but not enough to do all the work you mentioned. Thank goodness Bountiful joined the 21st century and now it is so easy!!

Kim said...

I was so excited to get ours too. Mine is already full with tons of things that I found down in the basement.

Brittany said...

Good for you!!! I can't wait till we get a recycling bin either!

Brenda said...

I love having one, too. It's really nice and convenient. When we were in CA, we'd save a lot of our stuff, but there was incentive for that. They actually gave you money for recycling bottles and cans.

scharee said...

maybe all the recycling you do will cancel out owning a suburban:} no really, way to recycle! also on a totally unrelated subject, wondering if you have anything big planned for the BYU/UTAH game?

Unknown said...

I never wanted to recycle for the same reason as you. Too much work. Now it is too simple to actually not do it. It is amazing how much is recyclable too. It cuts down on how much I fill up my regular garbage cans now too. Gotta love helping the environment