Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dang That Costco

I have a love/hate relationship with free samples at Costco. I love going around to the different tables and getting some free food. Sometimes I do that for lunch...Okay, who am I kidding. I eat the samples and then go home and have lunch too. ;) The hate part of the relationship comes when I eat something that tastes sooo good, then I can't stop thinking about it for a few days, until I eventually go back and buy it.

Case in point, Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Bread:
This bread mix is delicious and with the changing of the weather I have been craving 'fall' treats. Monday the sample of the day was this pumpkin treat. I tried it, had it on my mind for 3 days, and, finally, broke down and made some of my own. Shoot. Although, 3 days is a long time for me to go when I have a certain food on my brain. So, in a way, I AM proud of myself...
The kids enjoyed them too. Which will save me from eating the whole dozen.

14 comments:

Wade Family said...

Yum that sounds so good. We also love free samples at Costco, many of our weekends are spent at Sams and Costco. Yeah for your self discipline I would have given in right then and bought the mix.

Shannon said...

No, dang you Amy for making me crave this now!!

Jamie said...

I went to Costco the other day for the first time in like 4 years and came out stuffed. I couldn't believe all the sample tables they had. And of course I had to try everything.

BTW, did you guys get a new picnic table in the back? Too bad. I kind of liked wondering if I was going to get a nail in my bum everytime I'd sit down on the old one. :)

Kim said...

Umm I loved mine. I ate it all up before I even got home. The smell of it was oh so good and I have to admit that I was even a little tempted to chew on the paper. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't take 2...or 3.

Amber said...

MMMM, those look tasty! Fall treats are the best...why do they have to be so bad for us?

On another note...I don't know about this running thing, I started tonight...it kicked my bum, and I won't even tell you how far I didn't run! Gotta.Keep.Running.Though.Cancun.3.Weeks.Away!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I think you should be very proud of yourself for waiting as long as you did. I usually try the sample and then buy it. They sound really good. Did you add chocolate chips?

tiffany and darren said...

oh Costco, what would we do without it! You would be in heaven at the Costco here, there are never crowds. I guess people aren't as anxious for food storage here.

Andrea said...

Dang the Costco!! I know exactly what you're saying. I've been wanting some of those $13 sausages lately--you know the ones they do with all different flavers. Dang the Costco!

Angela said...

They look good! I am a sucker for samples too. BTW Cute kids!

Unknown said...

We got the mix there cause Quinn loves pumpkin spice. They are really good.

Sarah said...

I am so with you on that. Everytime I go I buy food (or other items) that I didn't really need. We used to call Target the $100 store because we could never leave without spending that much. We now refer to Costco as the $200 store.

Julie said...

Hurray for fall treats! I have the same relationship with Costco!! I avoid the samples for that very reason-I know I'll love it and want it and then my bill goes up and up. Good job going three days with a craving!

The Capson's said...

Yummmmm! Fall foods are my favorite, and this particular bread is definitely at the top of the list!

Tavan said...

Yummm...I love fall treats :) I also love that the table is totally lopsided...5 to 1 !!