Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Us!

We began our celebrations Friday night after Brad and Teri came to pick up The Hoard for the weekend. Yep, I said that right, the weekend. We headed out to our favorite Crown Burger and hit up REI for some returns and gator buying to prepare for our Saturday activity.
 

The next morning I didn't roll out of bed until late. It was so nice to sleep in and relax all morning.
 
 
Then we got ready and headed up Mueller Park to do some snow trail running. A first for us.
 


And it was so much fun. Don't get me wrong, It was really, really hard, but so fun. It was like running uphill in sand. But the snow covered trail and trees were beautiful.
 


We made it all the way to Elephant Rock. I didn't think I could make it but Trent wouldn't let me give up.

We came home, went to the boys last soccer games, hit up Burger King (I've been craving their original chicken sandwiches so much lately), then headed home. I read and took a nap and Trent watched a movie. It was fabulous.
 

Then we headed to Little America for an overnighter thanks to Brad and Teri and their Mother's Day gift. The traffic was insane. It took us 30 minutes to move a block only to find out there was no more parking at Little America. Duh.
 

But we finally made it and enjoyed a nice romantic dinner of Pizza Hut with the Clarks. So fun to get to spend some time with them without our kids running around.
 

Then we headed back to our room to chill. Trent is hot.
 

I am not.
 

The next morning we hit up the breakfast buffet and dined on delicious eggs, waffles, hot chocolate, orange juice, croissants, and, best of all, bacon. Such a good breakfast.
 


We picked up The Hoard and headed home. Loved our weekend alone, but also love this hoard of mine. We played a serious game of basketball and then hit the hay.
 

I have loved the last 13 years as Mrs. Trent Jensen. I am lucky to have my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.