Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Half & 5 Miler

Trent and I had a quick retreat from kids for a night. Friday afternoon we headed down to Moab for some races. We stopped and had a bite to eat at Training Table and did a little shopping at REI. There are getting fewer and fewer Training Tables in UT. We are afraid they are on their way out. We may have to venture there more often to enjoy the goodness before its too late.


At the campsite Trent took his usual 1/2 hour getting his stuff ready. Did you know he searched online and purchased his own safety pins for his bibs? Ya, he is that obsessed with perfection.
And lucky for me I got to use some of his magic safety pins.


After a long night of not sleeping we got up and headed to the starting lines. Since I was first to cross the finish line I snapped a pic of me waiting for Trent near the finish line.


And here is the machine himself.


It was a good race, but super windy, which is not fun at all. What was fun though? I got 2nd place in my age division. I even got a medal. First time ever that I have gotten a medal and Trent hasn't. Our medal collections just got a little more even, only 23 more to go to catch up to Trent....


After the races we enjoyed some showers, cleaned up camp, had a fantastic lunch at La Hacienda, and headed over to the local grocery store to see if they had my ice cream. And to my great surprise they did!!! BEST part of the trip! Just so you all know the significance of this, I can only find this ice cream in one place. Walkers in Moab. They had 10 pints, I purchased 8 of them, bought some dry ice, and squeezed them in our cooler. I cannot tell you how much I love this ice cream.



After a long car ride we arrived home to this:


Lucky Bingo.

Kim did a fantastic job watching the kids, but that is another post entirely.

Overall it was a great overnighter with Trent. Thanks to Kim and Luke for watching The Hoard!


7 comments:

Mindy said...

Want to know something horrifying? I've never been to the training table, nor have I ever tried Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream. I know... it's quite shocking, isn't it?

Kim said...

You rock...Broken toes have got nothing on you. Congrats to both of you.

Maga said...

Glad you could run with your sore toe--CONGRATULATIONS to you both!
Trent gets his perfection tendencies from his Papa Johnson.

Trent said...

I think I have mono...I look like I'm finishing a full marathon. Hate that wind.

Thanks for the trip all. Everything was perfect except for that dang wind.

Unknown said...

wow, congrats on earning that medal! you're amazing. hate the wind. worse than hills.

Brandice said...

That ice cream is awesome! I didn't know you could even buy it in ANY store. I thought they just had it at the retail scoop shops. If you counted all the trips I have made to Gateway to buy that ice cream, the miles would probably equal a trip to Walkers in Moab, and I could have ended up with way more ice cream than just a scoop that gets eaten before I even get back to my car. Lucky! It makes me laugh to see someone like myself who is nuts enough about ice cream to buy dry ice and pack home their favorite flavor. You're hilarious!

qifei2012 said...

Working with prior versions relating to Microsoft office,Microsoft Outlook 2010 download, your tiny behave with regards to opening the documents may trigger the macro working office 2010. The following Belle illness, which can distribute speedily inside Late 1990s,Microsoft office 2010 download, difficult like this Office 2010 key. Whomever would definitely to everything the particular influenced Epression file which were obtained just as one accent Microsoft office 2010 download. Microsoft Office 2010 Key