Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine...

I had the best Valentines Day I have ever had. Usually we do not celebrate this holiday. Neither one of us are too romantic and we do not believe in the traditional things like a candlelit dinner or a dozen roses. But I had planned on making Trent his favorite thing for dinner-ribeye steak, potatos, and hot rolls. It was far from romantic with are two babies rolling around in the next room and our three other crazy kids surrounding us eating their dino nuggets, but it actually turned out really good. However, dinner was not the highlight of my day. This morning after we finished feeding all our kids I was expecting to say goodbye to Trent as he went off to work. But, to my surprise, he had taken the day off! I was so excited to have him home to help with the kids for the day. It was better than anything he could have purchased at any store! So, we all hung out together today. Heidi, James, and Josh even came up to play this morning. My kids love to play with their cousins and I think they might love to play with their Aunt Heidi even more! To finish the night off, we dropped some Valentines off at some of our neighbors. So, my day was great with extra activities, extra help, extra good food, and one amazing husband. Isn't he hot in this pic? Nothing better than a man with a moustache!

8 comments:

Luke and Kimmy said...

Awww that is so cute....except for the picture. It's a good thing he really doesn't look like that. It sounds like you had such a great Valentines day. You guys deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Trent was French. That sounds like a great V-Day to me. I love surpises like that.

akdoxey said...

That would be the best day. I tried to make a semi-romantic meal but it sure turned out similar to yours (minus an extra baby and two toddlers). For some reason, whenever I sit down to eat, Paige starts screaming to be fed, but it's ok, I like cold food.

Jamie said...

Cute that he stayed home! What a fun surprise. I love when Mike and I randomly have days off together. Although I think your 'days off' are slightly different than ours.

Jamie said...

Ok, grossest picture!!!

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a great day! That picture is awesome - that will be the one your kids show all their friends some day to say what their dad looked like!

jodie said...

What a great surprise! That's so nice that you were able to enjoy such a fun Valentine's Day.

Cecilie said...

HILARIOUS!! How could you not be in love with a man in a wife beater and mustache!?! I'm glad he surprised you and stayed home what a treat.