Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update on my Absence

A lot of people have wondered where I have gone in the World of Blogging. I am still here, just not as much. I have said this before, but it is more true now, life is crazy...and keeps getting crazier. Here are some updates from our lives and the reasons I don't have time to blog anymore:
  • I got a new calling. I am now the 1st counselor in Young Womens. Basically, the same as being an Advisor, but with a few more meetings. Still loving serving in YW's. Love the girls and the leaders.
  • All the kids have moved into new bedrooms. Aiden and Andrew got Jill's room. Paige and Morgan got big girl beds and I am having the cutest patchwork quilt being made even as we speak. Oakley got the old nursery and Trent is in the process of painting it a more girly color. I will be posting pics as soon as the rooms are done.
  • More remodeling. Trent has finished his sound panels in the theater room and now we are just waiting on our couch and the room with be complete, even with the ugly, soft brown shag. Our mudroom is just waiting for our lockers to be made. Once again, I will post pics when everything is perfect.
  • I got to enjoy a girls trip to St. George this weekend (post to come). We have had it planned for months and it was so good to just do whatever we wanted. And now there are 2 things (besides Mandi and fam, and Jake and Candice) that I will go back to Vegas for. H & M and Max Brenner. Loved shopping at H & M and I found the perfect dress for Jill's wedding. And it was only $35-for a full on dress! Yay!
  • Made 100 baby shower invites for one of my BFF's Kristen. Its a ward shower, hence the reason for so many invitations. They turned out really cute and, we, at the Hoard, are so excited for Blake and Kristen! And thanks to Linds for perfectly putting the flowers on the invites and Tracy and Emi who helped deliver!
  • I am making 5 dozen rolls for our Relief Society dinner tonight. Enough said.
  • Morgan will go pee pee in the potty 1/3 of the time. Progress towards a diaper free home. If I had the time and energy I am sure she would be completely potty trained.
  • I am getting back into the routine of exercise/running. I feel so much better when I exercise. And my knee has somewhat cooperated with my running. Hopefully I will be running outside, on the hills very soon.
  • We thought we were beyond the baby stage at the Hoard, but we forgot about Oliver. We watch him a few times a week and have to remember to put things away so he doesn't get into them. The kids love him and he loves them back. He fits right in here. See Jamie, I can handle watching Annie once in a while.
  • With Jill getting married Brooke will be homeless. I have been trying to get Brooke to live with us for the past year and I guess she got desperate enough that she accepted. So come June we will be a family of 8!
  • The usuals of laundry, cleaning, preschool, meals, groceries, playing, gymnastics, sleeping, reading, and some Internet have taken to the rest of our time.

Sorry for the boring post, but its all I could get done at this moment. As soon as a certain someone emails me some pics I will get a fun post up. You know who you are. :)

ps. I have 144 new posts on my google reader....so you may not get comments from me. Just know that I am out there reading all your wonderful, amazingly entertaining posts (I am not being sarcastic). Hopefully next week things will have calmed down a bit. Until then...

13 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I got tired just reading that post, you guys are always SO busy. I don't think people really understand until they have lived there. Can't wait to see the rooms all done (your house is always changing) and I want to see your dress!!! I love new clothes and I'm glad I can provide you a reason to get some new clothes!

Unknown said...

Holy crap how many blogs are you following? I usually get an updated blog once or twice a week and they are usually yours! I miss your blog posts. It was a fun weekend with you guys I can't wait to get the pictures!

Andrea said...

5 dozen rolls???? In you spare time?? I'm with Jill--I'm tired just reading your post! Can't wait to see you guys on Friday and all your projects!

Shannon said...

So busy!! You'll have to put up the after pics of all the rooms you are working on. Or I'll just have to come over for a visit. I pick the second option! Always good to get an update on you guys!

Jamie said...

I can't wait to see all your home projects. They always turn out so nice. And SG sounds wonderful. I'm dying to get away again. How fun to go away with friends. And I'm even jealous that you're back to exercising. Ugh. I dying to get this montrous bod of mine into gear. Ew.

And hello? I've never doubted your ability to watch an additional kid, it's that I just can't bring myself to add one more child to your hoard. But we're still up for a trade. We'll come watch your bunch and then you'll "get" to watch Annie.

Annie said...

I'm tired just thinking of all these things you're doing . . . . with your 5 little ones. 5 dozen rolls? You're a gem. As a RS activity leader (or whatever I'm called), people like you that are willing to help out are life savers.

Good luck catching up on google reader! :)

linds said...

ok, ok...here they come.

Anonymous said...

H&M IS amazing! I love it and wish there were one closer!

Brett and Jessica said...

You are amazing!! I am super jealous that you got to shop at H&M - I love that store!

Sarah said...

Ok, I feel SO bad now about making you feel guilty about not commenting! You obviously have been INSANELY busy! And I love H&M too ~ I got to go to the original in Sweden when I was there about ten years ago and am so glad it is in the States now!

Jake said...

WOW! So busy. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the house remodels. I'm sure it will be amazing! B

Julie said...

You are living a crazy life. Holy Mo-lay! This was fun to read and see what keeps you busy! I love home projects. They make you feel so good when they finally turn out.

Ginny said...

i love this post. for sooo many reasons. maybe because we have the same calling. maybe because i feel the same way about my ward. maybe because i have 173 posts on my reader and won't comment on most of them (like the amazing room pics from your previous post and your trip with Linds that I heard about at Charlie's). maybe just because it's nice to know i'm not alone.