Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Weight Gain...


I read on my cousin Jenna's blog that the average person gains 7 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yikes! This worries me. It has taken me 5 months to lose 7 lbs and I don't want to blow it all in just 5 weeks! So, my new goal for my weight loss program is to maintain my current weight. I am not even going to try to lose weight during this time. Besides the normal holiday celebrations (which double when you are married and have 2 families), we have mine, Aiden, and Andrew's B-days and our wedding Anniversary-all of which I am sure I will partake of some good food and desserts.
*
When ever I think about my weight and my leftover pudge from babies, I always think of one of our patients that I see every so often. A few months ago I went to replace a catheter that was no longer working. While I was doing this the patient, with much enthusiasm, asks if I am expecting. I smile and tell her I am not it is just my leftovers. She replies with not the usual apology, but with her estimation of how far along I "look." She tells me she would have guessed I was 5 months pregnant. What??? Lady, when you ask someone if they are pregnant (which is usually not a good thing to do) and they say no, you do not continue to tell them how far along you think they are. Seriously, do people think???
*
So, here is to enjoying the Holidays without increasing my pudge and having people wonder if I am pregnant or not. Cheers!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, people are so dumb sometimes!! I can't beleive that!! You look amazing!

Cheers to maintaing weight!

Unknown said...

I think you look really good too. You can't help old people. They don't have a filter and really don't think before things come out of their mouths. I am just happy you didn't come back with the smart reply that would make her feel bad about herself. I would have.

Sarah said...

That is just RUDE! I think you look amazing even if you didn't have any children ~ you can even pull off wearing those running clothes, which I could never do!

Luke and Kimmy said...

Oh Amy, your too hard on yourself. I'm SO serious when I say that you look great! You do such a good job working out and being heathly. I wish I could be more like that.

cwilson said...

Was your patient also delirious? Why in the world would she say that? You do look great and really don't have any reason to worry! Be ready to "partake" to tomorrow night! See you then!

Dee Dee said...

That is crazy. I was just telling my husband Eric that I couldn't believe you had 5 kids, you look great! I wish I could get down to your size!

Annie said...

Are you kidding me with that ridiculous story?! I agree with everyone else that you look fantastic. Really you do.

Good luck with the mucho celebrations this month. You guys will be busy! (As is you ever have a dull moment.)

Ginny said...

although i haven't seen you in person, i concur with everyone else...the pictures of you look great! that said, i totally get you about feeling insecure about the way i look underneath the clothes. and i won't even start about the lack of filter on your patient...

Wade Family said...

Are you serious...what is wrong with people. Stories like that make me really miss work! You do look great, plus you have had five kids in two years...come on. So here's to enjoying the holidays!

Brenda said...

That lady sounds like fun. I think it's a good goal to just try to maintain your weight right now. That's pretty much what I'm doing. I've given up on losing.

Jamie said...

You had this whole convo while fixing some lady's catheter? There is something VERY wrong with this whole story. I think I want to throw up right now.

You look great. Next time someone says that, just punch 'em right in the kisser.

Jake said...

Perhaps she was demented. You know those hospice patients.
J

P.S.
What's the deal with buying new ornaments. I thought you bought some that would last a lifetime on my recomendation.