Friday, June 5, 2009

Neighbors

Last night Trent and I had a date night thanks to our great neighbors. The Marstons offered to take ALL 5 kids so we could have a night to ourselves. And a night to ourselves is always very much appreciated around here. We started the night off at Yanni's, who I might argue have the best fries around. Then headed over to SL Running Co. and purchased some new running shoes in hopes of curing my hurt knee. We finished the shopping spree off at REI where we spent some of our dividend. Isn't it fun to get things for free? We picked the kids up as they were consuming some bowls of Fruity Pebbles and headed home for bedtime. We ended the night with a showing of Sixteen Candles and were joined by the Capsons. It was a great night and we, once again, are so lucky to have such good neighbors!

14 comments:

cwilson said...

Lucky!

Annie said...

Yay for a night out without your kids. And, I totally agree with you on Yanni's fries. They're my favorite, too.

Hope the shoes help with your knee issue. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Amy you look so cute in every picture you take! Glad you guys could have a night out! Looks like you had fun/

Brittany said...

I'm glad you got a night out!!! It sounds like you have some pretty awesome neighbors.

Trent said...

You did look cute Amy. Thanks to the Marstons we had a perfect night. I will say I was greatly disappointed with the employees at SLRunning. If anyone has a choice, I have been much more impressed with Wasatch Running in Sandy or Striders in Layton. And if anyone has the chance ask Amy why she wouldn't let me buy some new running shorts.

Jake said...

We're very jealous! But glad you had a fun night out. I love the hat. -B

brooke said...

You guys deserve a night out! Looks like you guys had fun! I'll see you tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

date nights are always great!

Unknown said...

Careful with all this in depth information. You might want to make sure this is only open to certain people or something

Steph said...

Woo Hoo for a date night! We are in DESPERATE need of one of those. If Melissa was ever in town long enough, she owes me!!! :)
So what the heck is up with your knee? Did you hurt it it running, or did ya biff it down the stairs or something? :) Seriously that stinks! Just don't run this week. Baby the heck out of it. You are TOTALLY ready for the 10k anyways then maybe it will be good sat??? Hope so!

Sarah said...

I am glad you and Trent are able to get away everyone once and awhile (even if only for a few hours). I am sure you need it! You have GOT to tell me where you are finding all of these cute hats you are always wearing!

Jake said...

What's Yanni's. I thoguht that was the musician dude who looks like a viking.
J

Angela said...

What a cute picture of the two of you!

Julie said...

I love 80's movies. You guys probably go through a lot of babysitters. I'm sure fresh blood is much appreciated. Trent is a good sport to be willing to be the feature of so many of your pictures. I'm glad he is cool like that. I know Scott gets worried whenever he sees the camera. :)