Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Viewer Discretion Advised

Another eventful day at the Jensen household. It started with a visit from one of my best friends Kellee and her mom. We chatted, watched kids, and remembered the good old days. When they left, Sarah and Aaron came over for some more fun while Emily went to another appointment. A couple hours into their visit I had gotten a box cleaned out for them to play with. Well, the boys were so excited that they turned and started running from the kitchen into the tv room. Aiden tripped over the other 2 pair of feet and face planted right into the kitchen cupboards. Blood started gushing everywhere. Luckily, I was the one home and not Trent. I am sure Trent would have passed out.
You can see in this picture how his lip was pretty much just ripped off his gums.
Here is Aiden trying to show off his "battle wound."
Right after it happened, Aiden fell asleep. His lip and nose are so swollen. We think he looks like a "Who" from the Grinch.
I think this picture best describes how he felt right after. He looks worked.

Well, there you have it. By the end of the day Aiden was acting like nothing had happened. And we just keep laughing at how funny his lip looks. Aren't we good parents?

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I want to pass out after looking at those pics. Mike just said he hopes all accidents happen while he's at work. Right. He'll probably be the who is causing all the problems!:)

Glad Aiden recovered quickly. Gross!!!!

brooke said...

Poor little guy! That makes me sick. His lip is funny though, I can look like a who even when I don't have a fat lip. I hope he contiunes to feel better, it looks like he's lucky he didn't need stiches.

Jill Clark said...

You are good parents, little boys are resiliant(?). I builds character right? He climbed up on my counter in my bathroom this morning and said "I need to look at my lip." He got right next to the mirror and was pulling it up. It was so funny.

Dee Dee said...

Ouch! He dose look like a who, but a very cute who! I'm glad everything is ok!

Sarah said...

Poor little guy. That is funny ~ the side profile does look like a 'who.' I am sure he will be back to his cute self in no time!

Anonymous said...

LOL..a who from the grinch! I busted up laughing when I read that one. That's totally what it looks like! Boys will be boys!

melissa said...

We have actually been waiting for Rachel to cut her gums like that so she can get rid of a piece of skin that is between her two front teeth. We never get the right kinds of accidents:(

Luke and Kimmy said...

Sweet Action!

-luke

Unknown said...

Hey, it looks exactly like Dax's lip a couple of weeks ago! Same thing....only he crashed into the window sill and blood was gushing everywhere. I wasn't brave enough to take pictures in the emergency room though..... yuck! Poor kids! One minute their having fun...and the next......emergency room. :( Hope he's feeling better by now!