Monday, October 6, 2008

2:53:44

We got back last night from a little trip down to St. George. The sole purpose of our trip-the St. George Marathon. Trent did amazing! Not only did he reach his ultimate goal of under 3 hours, but he far surpassed it by 6 mins and 16 seconds!
Here is a picture from marathon foto. I think it will be a great one! It is tiny because we can't buy it yet. As soon as all the photos are up we will be purchasing a sweet cd!
Here is one I took. Definitely not as cool as the top one. But look how fast Trent is running, he was just a blur as he passed us!
Jenny and Brooke were nice to carry my girls. It was quite an adventure to watch a marathon in the rain with 5 little kids.
Paige and Morgan were so good. They loved being in the backpacks. They hardly ever made a sound the whole time.

Trent got the kids an ice cream sandwich. Not the perfect weather for something cold, but they enjoyed it!
Oakley loves her Grandpa! She was probably the driest out of all of us because Grandpa held her most of the time!
A beautiful picture of Jenny, Teri, and Aiden. Doesn't Jenny look happy to be there???
Andrew ran up and down the gutter, splashing in the water. He was having a fantastic time!
The Fam! After waiting for 1/2 hour or more for Trent to get a massage and his bag we finally got a family picture. I am surprised the kids are still smiling!


We really had a great weekend full of "relaxing," food-mainly In & Out, shopping, racing, and conference (well, not really, it is almost impossible to watch/listen to conference with our kids!) Thanks to the Jensens for helping out with our kids. Even when 1 child is pulled from the mix it makes our lives easier! Trent and I can't wait to go down and enjoy St. George by ourselves-now that would be a vacation!


15 comments:

hbentley said...

Seriously, Trent looks like he is floating in that picture. I am always amazed that he can run those. It looks like you guys had a fun time. We thought about you guys Sat. morning. You guys contuine to amaze me. Glad you had fun.

Jill Clark said...

Congrats to Trent! That really is so great that he beat his goal by so much! I am glad you guys had fun and I am glad you are back (even if you came back to no dressing). I would be happy to take care of your little one's for a weekend if you wanted to go down. That is why I live there right?

Jamie said...

Way to go, Trent! That is awesome! Very impressive that you did so well on your time. You guys are such troopers to take all your kids out in the rain.

I lauged out loud when I saw that picture of Mom and Jenny. Jenny looks so mad. It still makes me laugh thinking of her face.

Looks like good times!

Annie said...

WOW! Way to go Trent! What an amazing race -- and in the rain! Congratulations on a great accomplishment! (I couldn't believe that picture of him that you took, Amy. He's seriously FLYING!)

And, Amy, I'm so glad that you were able to watch with all of your kids. Yay for some extra helping hands.

Also - loved your comment on my blog and just had to say that I never find your blog to be anything but refreshing, entertaining, honest and fun to read. I really love it and love how often you update and love the things you choose to share. (You're never at all boring or preachy or anything!) It's kind of funny for me to get on a soap box about that stuff because the majority of the bloggers I "associate with" :) aren't out there looking for the bad in other's blogs. Just enjoying connecting with somebody else. I think it's more the anti-bloggers that are a little more judgmental.

Anyway . . . always love keeping tabs on you and your family through blogging land. Hope to see you in real life sometime soon! :)

Anonymous said...

TRENT!! Your awesome! Good job, keep it up!

P.S. We bought Iron Man on blue ray, so I will let you know what I think!!

brooke said...

Trent way to go!!! It was so fun to see you run!

Amy, it was so much fun to see you and your family this weekend! I can't wait for your next trip down here! It's always a treat!

melissa said...

Congratulations Trent, your time is unbelievable. Amy is going to be catching up to you soon, I can already see it. You two are amazing.

Glenae said...

I'll bet that was an adverture. It rained all weekend here too. Good job Trent!

Wade Family said...

Congrats Trent that's awesome! I couldn't do that even in 30 hours! Amy you deserve some credit as well, watching five kids outside for that long...isn't that considered a marathon? Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

Mindy said...

Congratulations! What a great time! Way to go!!! And Amy, I was surprised that YOU were smiling in the last picture. ;) You and your helpers get congratulations for keeping kids happy that long too!

The Capson's said...

YAY!Congratulations on beating your goal time. It looks like you guys had a great time, despite the weather. We had a great time with you guys the other night, we'll definitely have to do it again. Thanks for having us over. Congratulations again Trent.

Jake said...

Good Job. Thanks for letting Mom and Dad come out here for the weekend. I am sure you could have used there help at St George with the Kids.

akdoxey said...

Wow- that's amazing. I can't imagine running that fast for that long. Wait, I can't even run that fast. Trent's a super star and so is the family for supporting, esp in the rain.

Chesney said...

Pretty impressive...I am talking about all of the pictures you have of the kiddos smiling. Oh yeah. Trents time was impressive as well. That is a great accomplishment. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Luke and Kimmy said...

NICE! I don't know how you do it Trent, but it never ceases to amaze me.

I'm pretty jealous that you guys got to go down to St. George. Wish we chould have been there. We really miss you guys and your kids. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

-Kim