Friday, October 10, 2008

Oakley's Quotes

In this picture Oakley went to the bathroom and came out screaming, "I did all myself!!" and then did this pose. She was so proud!

One day Oakley was coloring and one of the markers had dried out, she kept trying to get it to work and finally she asks. "Mom I need mo batteries?"

I was working on making some invites one day and had all the paper spread out on the table. Oakley was messing around with it and I very sternly told not to touch my stuff. She looks at me and says, "Why so serious?" I guess we found a replacement for Heath Ledger as the Joker...

The kids had their primary program a few weeks ago and Oakley was sitting with Grandma Teri. She told Grandma that she heard one of the kids say, "I am a child of God." Grandma Teri asked Oakley if she was a child of God and Oakley replied, "No, I just Oakley!"

Oakley was playing on the tramp with Jill and Morgan. She looked over and saw Paige on the ground and tells Jill, "Lets get 'nother Morgan to play."

One day Oakley was not being very nice, I told her she had needed to be a nice girl. She said, "No. I'm Spiderman!" I guess Spiderman doesn't have to be nice?

This morning Trent and Jake left for a run. Oakley looked around after they left and said, "Where did my dad and my Jake go?" All my kids think of Uncle Jake as theirs.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the quote blogs that you do! Your kids crack me up.

Stephanie said...

Kids are so cute and funny, I love hearing the silly things that they say!

brooke said...

Oh to only be inside the head of a two year old! She is just the cuttest thing I've ever seen!

Ginny said...

you wanna come potty train another set of twins...not that you don't have your own "other set" to get to someday. not something i am looking forward to and the time is coming!!!

Annie said...

Cutest little thing! I love the "nother Morgan" comment. Hilarious. What a little doll.

p.s. Eliza has that same shirt . . . probably in a bigger size! lol. :)

Brittany said...

Oakley couldn't be any cuter. I love hearing the funny things kids say.

Glenae said...

What a cutie she is!

Jake said...

Cute kid! I can't believe how big she's getting already. 3 kids potty trained is a huge accomplishment! Kudos . . .

Sarah said...

The one about the batteries was hysterical ~ that was very logical of her! The one about Morgan was also really funny. It is interesting to see a child's perspective on identical twins.

Kellee Edwards said...

So cute!!! I love that little girl. She is just like you. I can only imagine what you were like when you were 2!

The quote about the marker was adorable. It made me think of what I tell my students...when we use glue or markers, I say "If you don't hear it click, then it will get sick". The other day, one of my little ones opened a marker and it had dried up. They said, "Miss Edwards, this marker died!". I guess it really was sick!

Unknown said...

That might be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen, you know, one of those pictures that tells a whole story! I love the quotes!

Brett and Jessica said...

I emailed you the pic of the fan- did you get it?

School Links said...

So cute I love to hear kid sayings so innocent and fun to see how their minds work.