Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shootin' Prairie Dogs

Well, I am back. I took a little break from life for a bit. Well, not my whole life, but my blogging life. So, I will start back with our Memorial Day weekends.

Trent took the older kids up to Wyoming to shoot prairie dogs. The kids love this trip. Mostly because they love looking at the rodents they disintegrated.


Here is the crew before they left. Oakley was a last minute addition to the trip.
And the trip wouldn't have been the same with out her. She decided to put a whole case of Tic Tacs in her mouth. She is so cute.


And Aiden found a new way to listen to the movie.

The boys climbed a very tall tree. When I first watched the video I was a little nervous....and surprised that Andrew was higher than Aiden.

Aiden found a resting place at the rest stop.

The kids would sit in Grandpa's truck to get away from the wind and eat their hearts out.


Andrew loved chasing the cows.


And at the end of the trip they were all worn out.


Mission Accomplished.


I feel bad there are no pictures of them actually shooting guns, or with Trent, or with Grandpa Brad, but when you are trying to make sure 3 kids are handling the guns with safety there really isn't time to take a picture.


Thanks to Grandpa Brad for organizing and taking them all on a trip, they had a great time. And thanks to Trent for going with the kids, vacations aren't really vacations when you are taking care of kids.

5 comments:

Maga said...

Thanks for MISSION ACCOMPLISHED pictures!!! (Thanks for Trent too-he's such a big help to me!!!)

Sarah said...

Looks like they had a blast - very nice of Trent to take them along. I love the pics of the kids eating in the truck and the last photo. Perfect! :) I also never knew the Dinosaur Park was so cool.

Becky said...

So fun that they got to hang out with Trent and their Grandpa. Love the dinosaur park pics, too--our old stompin grounds!

Jamie said...

Those cute kids! Looks like it was a fun weekend with Dad and Grandpa.

Luke and Kimmy said...

Call me sick, but this trip looks like so much fun. I would love to go play with guns and shoot at stuff.

Oakley looks so cute in the picture of her in the truck. I tell ya, she is going to be one heart breaker some day.