Thursday, January 5, 2012

Broken

Well, I have been meaning to blog about our New Year, but my camera is not working. I took my little travel camera with us to St. George and during the first vacation day I dropped it. Now it will not turn on. Bummer. So, no fabulous St. George New Year post this year. However, if you look at last year's post here, it is probably fairly close to what we did this year.


Another thing that is not up to par around here are my blogging skills. I just can't seem to fit it in any more. Sad huh? It makes me sad, because I love my blog and the record of our life it keeps.


You ask why I am so busy? It's because I never stop working. Not the typical Mom work, but stuff I actually get paid for. I go hours sitting in this spot taking phone calls, charting, solving problems, and NOT sleeping. Hence the reason I have been in this outfit for for 2 1/2 days. When you never go to bed your day never ends right?

At least it is a cute outfit, one of the cardigans I found shopping in Vegas over my fabulous New Years down South that you will never see pictures of. Dang it.


Anyways, I hope things settle down around here and I can get caught up on all things in my life, cleaning, blogging, exercising, cleaning, YW's, kid stuff, and SLEEP. It is hard to do anything when you are dead tired.


And that brings me to my Goals for this year. I need to fix what is broken in my life and unfortunately there are many.



  • Get back to cleaning regularly. It is not good when you go a month between vacuuming or scrubbing toilets...


  • Exercise. I miss this, but I can't seem to get up and going when I don't make it to bed until 7 am. Any one want to swap kid watching so I can run during the day? I AM going to figure something out to fit it into my life.


  • YW's. I have been MIA for the past month. Between vacations, work, wind storms, Holidays I haven't been around much. I miss my girls and need to dive back in.


  • Budgeting. I am really going to do it this year. I don't want my constant working to go to waste. It seems that we spend whatever we make-no matter how much or little it is. I really want to decrease my spending and start saving for important things like having 5 kids in college at the same time or maybe having 5 weddings all at once. Raising The Hoard is going to get pretty expensive I'm afraid.


  • Temple attendance. I hate to admit it, but I am terrible at going to the Temple and I hope to do better this year. Even if I make it once every couple months it will be a drastic improvement. That is really sad to admit....

And that is it for now, although there are so many other areas in my life I need to improve on, I can't change everything at once or I might explode.


5 comments:

Kim said...

Duh! You know I will always watch your kids so you can go run. Good luck with the goal thing. Looks like you have a lot there. Yikes!

linds said...

i would love to run with you...or kid swap if that works. you look adorable in any outfit you wear for days and lets schedule a temple day. i am down as long as there is food before or after.

Maga said...

You are amazing what you get done! Get rid of some of the Hoard but don't get rid of your husband or blogging!! Maybe I can help you get a camera?

Susan said...

I am glad that I came across your blog and I enjoy reading it. So please keep it up. :-)

Julie said...

I love where you are going with your goals. I can't believe you work that long. Poor girl. This is going to be a good year for you, I can feel it!