Thursday, November 8, 2012

Boy and Blender

#8
I am thankful for kids that know how to work and my fantastic immersion blender.
 
Today gets 2 thankfuls. Last night I went looking for Andrew and found him in our neighbors backyard raking up her leaves. He even stayed through part of dinner to finish the job. So proud of him. He really is such a good boy. I am thankful he knows how to work and is willing to serve others. We are pretty blessed with hard working kids. Don't get me wrong, they usually whine and complain, but will often join in the service projects around the neighborhood. Sometimes working harder than some of the adults. ;) 


And speaking of neighborhood, we had a neighborhood dinner at our house. While making a very delicious soup I was so thankful for my immersion blender. Makes blending soups so much easier. Love that I don't have to transfer the hot boiling soup to my blender and then back to the pot again. For those of you that don't have one and make soups like this one, you need to get one of these. Best thing ever.
Oh and in case you are interested this is Tuscan Tomato Basil soup from Jamie. And for anyone interested here is the recipe.


3 T olive oil
2 large onions, diced
5 cups diced seeded tomatoes (I just used petite diced canned tomatoes.)
3 cups chicken stock
12 oz jar roasted red peppers
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 cup basil pesto
salt and pepper to taste
1 package tortellini (optional), cooked to package directions

Heat oil. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add tomatoes and allow to warm and simmer. Add chicken stock and red peppers and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Add cream and pesto and blend to desired consistency in food processor*. Return to pot and add tortellini (if desired).

Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: