Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bear Lake Races 2011

We ventured up to Bear Lake to participate in the Marathon and 10K.


We got to the hotel Friday night and Luke fell in love with the dancing bears picture.


We had a long, sleepless night, which included a dumb lady who decided she should talk on her cell phone right outside our window at 1230. Luckily she stopped before I went outside and took her down.



When our alarms went off I wondered why I choose do this for my vacation from kids, but when you cross the finish line those thoughts fly out the window. It is an amazing feeling.


Trent got second in the whole marathon with a time of 3:02:17. He is pretty mad that I am publishing this "disgraceful" time, but I still think its amazing. Kim and I did the 10K. Kim got a time of 1:05 something. And I had my best race ever with a time of 49:34 and came in 4th overall. There was not a single male in front of me. I actually think the top 5 might have been females. That usually doesn't happen.

We had a great time and its always fun with Luke and Kim.


And Trent was beat by none other than Chuck Engle. Chuck said he reads my blog so I had to include a pic of him.



And here we are, the runners. It is always fun to run races with someone you know.



And we decided Luke really needs to hop on the bandwagon and start running. What do you think?

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats to all of you. If I were Trent I would be really embarrassed about that time...anyone can do better than that! (that's why he came in second...) Glad you could still run it after your playground injury!

That last pic of your brother is hilarious...complete with sagging bench!

Mindy said...

Yeah, Trent's time is disgraceful. I'd be so embarrassed. ;) Congrats to you and Kim!! I'm so proud of you both. Great job with your PR... smokin'! I CAN'T WAIT to hang with you this weekend! :)

Julie said...

Those are fun pictures! You guys are animals! You brought Luke along for comic relief for sure. That's cool about Chuck Engle.

Wade Family said...

Great job! Amy that is an awesome time - you can so do a half. Glad you got some time away - I am jealous. Hopefully I will be up the end of July for a fam. wedding so maybe this time we can catch up. :)

Jamie said...

Yay! Way to go you guys! I could only manager to come comment to day since this post didn't include any injured body parts.

Kim said...

Ugh I hated that this was my worst time ever, but I am so happy for you and your PR. You are awesome!

Maga said...

Congratulations on both of your times!!! Glad your injury didn't bother you!!!

Becky said...

Good job on the race! Looks like fun. Good luck getting Luke to run . . . looks like maybe he should lose a few pounds first :)

Jacob said...

Amy - with a time like that, you are really throwing down a challenge. Sounds like I need to up my game a bit, or risk getting beat in August.

Jake said...

Great job. It sound like your heel didn't bother you at all. I am starting to run also. did my first 5 k last night and I might think about some longer distances.