Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stools

I am not talking about the stools I deal with at work, but the stools we have had for the past 6 years in our kitchen. They have been through a lot seeing how we use them for every meal and that we never sit at our kitchen table.


They were permanantly dirty, the "straw" was coming off making it very easy to get slivers, and the paint was chipped.

One was so worn out it almost had a hole right through the top.


It was a few months past time to get new stools. It is very difficult to find stuff that goes with our light cupboards and white counters, but we did find some online. The problem was they were $50 a piece plus shipping.




So, I asked Trent nicely if he would just refinish the stools we had. Not really, I ordered him. And, being the good husband he is, he obeyed. I am not being sarcastic at all here.




Every spare second he had was working on these stools and believe me, he doesn't have a lot of them.




I am in love with how they turned out. Trent did a fantastic job as always.




Nice, smooth, clean stools.




No more slivers in our bums.




I personally think all of Trent's work was worth it. It saved us $300. Trent doesn't really agree, but I am still very grateful.




Thank you Trent, thank you.

5 comments:

hbentley said...

The stools are amazing. I love them. Can't wait to sit in them.

hbentley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

They look AMAZING! Seriously, better than any I've seen to buy. LOVE them... even if I do sympathize with Trent. I hate projects.

tiffany and darren said...

Must be nice having a handy man for a husband. I wouldn't know what that is like. I am looking for a dining table and Darren keeps saying he will make one to save the money. What I say to that is, "when pigs fly" or "when hell freezes over", either way, it will never happen!

Kim said...

Hooray for no more slivers in your ass!

Thank you and they look awesome!