Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Deseret News

Like I said in the last post, we ran in the Deseret News Races bright and early Monday morning. I ran the 10K with Kim and her sister Wendy. It was a very fun course, mostly down hill. Seeing how it was all down hill I was able to beat my last PR by over 2 minutes. I crossed the finish line with a time of 47:02. Brooke chose to do the 5K with her friend Nicole. They even got medals. Not very fair for us 10K'ers.
We had a little photo shoot while waiting for Trent to come across the finish line. Kim and I laugh at the differences of our bodies. The middle picture cracks us up. You can't even see her number and you can almost see my head. And Brooke and I were turquoise twinners.
Trent came across the finish line in great spirits. He came in 5th with a time of 2:46:47. Lets just say it was a great racing weekend for Trent. He even made it in the Deseret News.
And as always, it is fun to "run" with Trent and even more fun to watch him cross the finish line.
"Oh, Big gulps huh? All right.............well, see ya later."

5 comments:

Julie said...

Cute pics. That one pic with your friend is funny. What a shorty you are next to her. Cute. You are rocking it.

Nicole S. said...

It was so fun to be there and watch Trent cross the finish line with you guys. Glad I'm made an appearance on your blog. :)

Kim said...

Ah this was so much fun. I'm glad we had more people to enjoy it with us this year. And you look super hot in your outfit.

akdoxey said...

Way to go on your time Amy! Trent too of course. How fun that you have someone to run with, I love the Deseret News races. And can I just say your lookin pretty good after five kids so close.

Andrea said...

Congrats to all of you! You guys are animals!